Housing Out-Processing

Back to the Housing Services page

Site Search


Clearance Procedures

  • All servicemembers residing in government controlled quarters (on-post or leased) and private rental quarters are required to clear through the USAG Bavaria Housing Office, Bldg. 244, Tower Barracks.

    Bachelor Officer and Senior Enlisted Quarters’ occupants are required to clear through the USAG Bavaria Housing Office, Bldg. 244, Tower Barracks.

    Single Soldiers, occupying barracks, must clear their barracks room through their unit.

    Provide Housing with a copy of your PCS/ETS orders and schedule appointments.

Inspection Requirements

  • Pre-termination inspections should be scheduled 60 days prior to departure (port call).

    Final-termination inspection must be scheduled to comply with service member’s Central Processing Facility (CPF) out-processing appointment. Ensure port call date and and TLA limitation.

    After completion of final inspection, clearance papers are stamped and a copy of termination orders are forwarded to the finance office. One copy of housing termination orders are provided to the service member.

Quarters Clearing Requirements

  • Occupants should clean their quarters

    All work orders and self-help items must be identified and corrected.

    Bulk trash disposal must be arranged in accordance with scheduled pick-up dates.

    Arrangements must be made with the housing office for temporary loaner furniture (minimum 5 days notice). Loaner furniture sets for departing families may be retained for 60 days. For occupants, who reside in government-controlled quarters, turn-in of a loaner set is not required.

    Any alteration to the housing unit must be removed and unit restored to its original state. This includes painting, wallpapers, border paper, ceiling fans, yards, fencing, blinds, curtains, etc.

Clearing Private Rental

  • All military and civilians, residing in private rental quarters MUST clear through the housing office.

    Housing office staff will provide assistance in notifying your landlord of intent to terminate the rental agreement, in accordance with your rental agreement. Providea “Written Notice” within 30 days in accordance with the military clause.

    Housing office staff will assist with arrangements in regard to off-post utility companies for final reading and billing information, to include electric, gas, trash service, etc. Cellular telephone, telephone and computer services are your personal responsibility.

    Government furnishings and appliances need to be picked up prior to the termination inspection.

    Schedule and conduct the final termination inspection with your landlord and tenant (Condition Report). Validate the return of any security deposit or damages.

Temporary Lodging Allowance

  • Depending on where you move you may be authorized Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE) or Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA). They are similar programs, the main difference is that TLE is used mainly used in CONUS while TLA is used OCONUS. Their purpose is to partially reimburse a member for the more than normal expenses incurred while occupying temporary lodgings.

    Schedule an out-processing appointment with the Central Processing Facility two days prior to your departure. If you live in government controlled quarters, schedule your out-processing appointment three days prior to your departure,

    Army in Europe Supplement 1 to AR 420-1 states TLA will be limited to 3 days when contract cleaning is provided for out-going personnel who occupy government-controlled housing.

    Service Members residing in Private Rental Quarters are limited up to 10 days. (Additional days must be requested by submitting an exception to policy.) Coordinate pick-up of Household Goods and delivery of loaner set.

    Personal convenience is never a justification to extend TLA beyond regulatory guidance.

    Personnel residing in Private Rental Housing may receive up to 10 day outgoing TLA.

    Tower Barracks Lodging (Grafenwoehr)

    Rose Barracks Lodging (Vilseck)

    Off-Post Lodging

Furnishing Support

  • If you elect to ship your houshold goods early, you can request loaner furniture such as beds, tables or sofas.

    If you lin in government controlled quarters, call DSN 475-6980, CIV 09641-83-6980

    If you lin in private rental quarters quarters, call DSN 475-6245, CIV 09641-83-6245

Temporary Lodging

  • This list was organized and created from Bavaria military community members based on their experiences. It is aimed at helping future service members and their families find temporary lodging within a 5-10 mile radius of the installation. In no way does this constitute endorsement by U.S. Army Garrison Bavaria or the Department of the U.S. Army. The list is designed to make your transition a bit smoother and isn’t in any particular order.

Hours & Contact Information

Customer Service

  • For any question or request on housing issues not listed on this page or any other linked pages, call or send us an email.

  • Phone: DSN 475-8181, CIV 09641-83-8181

  • Email the housing office.


  • Unaccompanied Housing: DSN 476-2992/475-6580, CIV 09662-83-2992/09641-83-6580

  • Government Leased: DSN 475-8623, CIV 09641-83-8623, Email

  • Government Owned: DSN 475-6269, CIV 09641-83-6269, Email, Submit a work order.

  • Private Rental (Off-Post): DSN 475-6245, CIV 09641-83-6245, Email

  • Appliance Repairs: DSN 475-6227, CIV 09641-83-6227, Email


  • Assignment & Termination: DSN 466-2705/2616, CIV 09472-83-2705/2616

  • BEQ & BOQ: DSN 466-2509, CIV 09472-83-2509

  • Private Rental: DSN 466-2606/4412, CIV 09472-83-2606/4412

  • Furnishings: DSN 466-2622/2874, CIV 09472-83-2622/2874

  • Appliance Repairs: DSN 475-6227, CIV 09641-83-6227


  • Housing Office & Furniture Management: DSN 440-3660/3531, CIV 08821-750-3660/3531

  • Housing Referral Office: DSN 440-3445, CIV 08821-750-3445