Vehicle Registration & Inspection Services

Site Search



  • Location: Tower Barracks, Bldg. 301

  • Phone: DSN 475-7254/6477, CIV 09641-83-7254/6477

  • Appointment Line: DSN 475-6752, CIV 09641-83-6752

  • Hours of operation: Mon - Fri 8 a.m. - 11 a.m. & 11:45 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Closed on American and German holidays.

    Closed at noon the last work-day of month for inventory.

    Depending on the number and types of transactions, the VRO may close earlier to ensure all customer transactions are completed by 3:30 p.m.


  • Location: Hohenfels, Bldg. 10

  • Phone: DSN 466-2842, CIV 09472-83-2842

  • Hours of operation: Mon - Fri 8 – 11:30 a.m. & 12:30 – 3:15 p.m.; Closed U.S. & German holidays; Closed at noon the last work day of the month



Vehicle Registration

  • Vehicles brought from the U.S., or purchased locally, must be registered with USAREUR. All shipped vehicles and used vehicles purchased in Germany must pass a safety inspection before they can be registered. Personnel leaving (ETS or PCS) or individuals who have lost logistical support must turn in their plates to vehicle registration (not MP Station) prior to leaving the Bavaria community.

Vehicle Inspection

  • All CAC holders can sign up for a Privately Owned Vehicle inspection online. Customers should arrive at least 10 minutes prior to their appointment time and bring a copy of their appointment confirmation. Customers who are not available at the time of their appointment will lose their appointment and a customer on the stand-by list will be seen. As a courtesy to other customers, please cancel your appointment if you are not able to attend at your scheduled appointment time.

    Vehicle Inspection Online Appointment

Vehicle Registration Services Checklists

Exceptions to Policy